Monday, January 31, 2011

On track

I am the person that needs a plan to reach my goals. I used to think I could just do it with an ambiguous idea of what I wanted to accomplish and I thought I could do it on my own.  HA!!!

How often does the enemy use that kind of thinking to keep us from getting where we want to be? 

How often have I started something just to give up because it seems too hard.  Well if you've ever read my blog before you know it's pretty common. 

Now I am making a stand and making a change.

I met with a personal trainer on Friday.  She gave me a workout to follow and an eating plan to get me started. 

My first task is to eat breakfast every morning within an hour of getting up.  My second task is to track everything I put in my mouth, from a sip of coffee to a chocolate truffle.  Tracking has been something I haven't really put a lot of attention to.

I saw a great analogy this weekend of the benefit of tracking.  When people track their spending they spend 15% less on average.  I think it will be the same when tracking food intake.  I know that I will be showing someone else which makes me think twice about the choices I make. 

The third task is to get the right amount of water.  Does anyone else get to the point where you just can't drink one more glass of water?  I am so thankful for Crystal Light!  As I write this, I am staring at my 2nd 1 liter bottle of water that I need to drink.  Ugh!

And of course the basic thing that I haven't mentioned is getting enough exercise and the right exercise. 

Well, there is my basic outline to get me started on my way to looking and feeling better. 

I will share more outlines for other projects as I have time but right now, I have a little man who wants help with some math homework.

Loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment