Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Reading

One of my goals this year is to squeeze in more reading and more writing.  I have always had a passion for both.  I would hang out in my room and devour as many books as I could.  Both my parents were avid bookworms so it was completely natural for me to read rather than play.  I have a vivid and rambunctious imagination too so putting my thoughts to paper and seeing what came out of it.

To make my goal more solid and keep me on track, I have joined an online book club.  There are 2 ways to play with them, which really appeals to me.  I can read their assigned reading or a book of my choice.  So here is my book list for the first 6 months. 

January - Three Cups of Tea
February - Craving God
March - Mansfield Park
April - The Pursuit of God
May - The Teachable Moment
June - The Potluck Club

In addition to these books I am reading books for my blogging for books group.  They give me the book that I choose off their list in return for my review of the book.  Last month I read Blind Hope by Kim Meeker and LOVED it!  I just got this months book but can't remember what it's called.  I am in the middle of Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson so I won't start the other one until I'm done. 

It's been so nice reading my age level.  I know that sounds really silly but after reading to Billy night after night trying to help infuse a love of reading to him and help him with his word recognition grown up books are a nice escape from the Dr. Seuss rhymes and nonsense.  Don't get me wrong, I love Dr Seuss but there is only so much I can take.

In addition to that reading I am reading thru the Bible as well using our church Life Journal reading plan.  Whew.  All this talk of reading and finishing books has me antsy to get my nose buried in my kindle and my Bible.  All in good time though.

And as far as my passion for writing, that is a good portion of why I started a blog, to share with you in the way that I am most articulate.  Sometimes it's good to just get it out and into written form so it makes sense or can be shuffled to make sense.  Life in my head can get pretty jumbled and things get hidden with so much swimming around so letting it out by writing it down is a house cleaning of sorts.

Any ways, that's what I'm up to.  Hope you're having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment