Friday, February 4, 2011

Donuts and other distractions

Oh why do donuts have to be so blasted good?  They are scrumptious little bites from heaven.  The only problem is I look at donuts and gain 5 pounds.

Why oh why do I have to have this love hate relationship with donuts?  Why? 

As you may have noticed, donuts have been me distraction this week.  Billy had a good day at school so we celebrated with donuts, then a vendor brought in a box then one of my coworker brought them in.  Ugh! 

Needless to say, my donut indulgence lead to increased time in the gym.  I figure if I am going to eat them, I better work them off.  Dang it!

On a more positive note, I have been in the gym more this week and I have been eating breakfast daily.  It still doesn't feel natural to be eating so soon after waking up but I am sure I will get used to it and probably eventually crave it.

More good news, I finally finished reading Three Cups of Tea.  What a great book.  I strongly recommend it.  It can be a bit of a hard read but it is an incredible true story about one man's war on terror by providing an eduction to children in Pakistan and Afganistan.  It was very inspiring and I learned a lot about the Muslim faith.  Again, I really strongly recommend this.  I have been told his second book, Stones for Schools is even better. 

Oh, a bit more good news...because of the positive things I am doing above, with the exception of the blasted donuts, I am losing my muffin top.  Yeah me!  Not out of this size yet but the muffin top being shrunk is a huge improvement and I will take that as my encouragement.

Well, that's about all I can think for my update today.  Love/Hate donuts, exercising more to balance out the donut relationship problem, eating breakfast, finished a book and losing my muffin top.  Yep, that is my week in a nutshell.

Hope you're having a great one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment