Thursday, February 24, 2011

Attitude Adjustment

This week I have realized that somewhere along the way, I let something stinky in my life and it is manifesting in an attitude that is completely unacceptable.  It's time to do something about it. 

Step one is confession so here it is.  I have a horrible grumpy attitude, particularly with my family. 

Step two is apologizing.  My beloved family who I have been so snippy with and so critical of, I hope you will forgive me.  I will apologize to each of you face to face when I see you next.  I love you more than anything in this world and you deserve better.

Step three is adjusting my thinking.  Now this is the trickiest part of all.  I have to pinpoint the source of my attitude so I can shift it.  Thinking happy thoughts isn't enough.  I need to identify and eradicate the source.  Is it discontent? Is it feeling taken for granted? Is it filling my plate too full and feeling like a failure at everything?  There are so many things it could be.  Maybe it is a combination of all those things and I need to take a step back and evaluate my calendar and expectations.  Maybe I need to shorten my to do list. 

Step four is to address issues as they come up.  I need to not let things bottle up until I feel like I am going to explode.  Addressing things right away keeps the air clear.  I also need to feel that I am being heard and not just being blown off when I address things them.  That is going to be one of my biggest challenges I think.

Well, here goes.  Wish me luck.  Pray for me.  Love me in spite of me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment