Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Oh Happy Day

Have you ever had a song stuck in your head that so doesn't fit the circumstances you are facing but totally matches your mood?

Well, that's me today!!!  Oh Happy Day is playing over and over again in my head even though Boston is currently on the radio.  My day started anything other than happy. 
I woke up not feeling rested at all and took my shower.  When I got out of the shower and went to turn on the coffee maker, I saw my littlest love was up and watching tv.  TV before school is a "No No" in my house.  I went over and sat next to him on the couch and started talking to him.  He started snarling back.  Some mornings it just sucks to get up and have to go to school.  I reminded him of the tasks he had to accomplish so we could get out the door and get him to school on time.  (His school is about 25 minutes away.)  As he went into the bathroom to brush his teeth, he turns to me and shouts "You're ruining my life!" and shuts the door. 

Since the door was closed there was no responding to that.  I went to the kitchen to get breakfast started and lunches packed and coffee made.  While I was mid-routine, my little darling comes out and tells me he's very sorry for using such hurtful words and he knows I'm not trying to "ruin his life" and gives me a hug.  After this his attitude improves and he becomes helpful to the point of helping feed and water the dogs before we leave.

We get to school right in the knick of time.  Whew. 

Oh I should also share that while I am going thru the morning routine, work calls with a crisis.  I know it's a crisis because it can't wait til I get into the office.  That set the tone for the work day.  Crisis management.  The weird thing is that even though I have been dealing with one rush to the next crisis, I am not feeling frazzled.

So I guess even though the circumstances and situations of today are crazy and chaotic, being in the place of recognizing God's undying love for you by showing up and calming His child when the storm rages, makes for a VERY Happy Day!

I hope you are enjoying the pleasure of God's company in your day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment