Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fourth of July

I am amazed by the emotions that came up during the singing of God Bless America at church last night.  Tears filled my eyes.  Our military don't get the respect they deserve for what they do.  Their job is thankless and takes them away from family and friends for long periods of time.  They risk their lives on a regular basis for people they don't know.
I am not saying the wars they are sent to are right or wrong but they have a job to do and they do it selflessly.
I encourage you to go to anysoldier.com to get an address of a soldier serving overseas in Iraq and Afganastan.  Please go and get an address to send them a letter to encourage them.  Let them know that someone back in the states cares for them and appreciates what they do to keep us safe at home.
Have a wonderful Independence Day with your family and friends.  Enjoy your picnics and fireworks.  I know I'm going to!

No comments:

Post a Comment