Saturday, March 10, 2012

God is so good

It is so fun seeing God's hand moving in my life and the lives around me.  Last weekend I stepped out of my comfort zone and God met me right there and I had a blast!

That fun and excitement has carried over into my crazy hectic week.  I saw the opposition of the enemy and laughed.  "If God is for me who can stand against?"  It seemed as if the curtain was drawn back and I got to see the battle that goes on in the spiritual world more defined than usual.  I mean I know there's a battle but to see the enemy fighting so hard and not be shaken by it is a pretty cool deal.

Knowing that God allows my testing, not that He tests me but that He gives his permission as He did in with Job.  Thank you God for not allowing Job sized tests in my life at this time.  Thanks that you gave me the faith to stand firm in the midst of chaos and confusion and at times intense pain and discomfort.

I feel so blessed to have had the week that I've had and to still be positive and upbeat.  Don't get me wrong, the stress did take it's toll on me.  When I finally walked in the door at home at the end of the workday I was DONE.  All I wanted to do was sit on the couch and veg.  That wasn't so much a win.  I didn't blog.  I didn't write.  I didn't read.  I vegged on FB and Pinterest and watching stupid stuff on TV.  My dished got done but that was about it.  I have a huge stack of laundry that needs to be folded and since I didn't do it when I needed to a good portion of it needs to be ironed too.  The cost of procrastination.

Today was all I could do to make it thru the day.  But I did. I worked my WHOLE workday even though I really wanted to leave early because of all the negative and being in so much pain.  I survived.  Not only did I survive, I came home and vegged for a while then got up and made playdough with my littlest love and then read for almost an hour.  I love reading!  The laundry is still piled up but I am going to finish this post and go to bed.

I just wanted to share how incredibly blessed I have been this week to have God's calming presence in my life and helping me through the stuff I had to deal with at work.  I can't wait for tomorrow morning and a fresh day to spend with my family working and playing.  The balance will be so nice.

Hope you have an amazingly blessed weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment