Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Thing 2's reading update

I am very happy with Billy's reading this week.  He's done really well reading to me.  He gets frustrated and is learning to back up and regroup and try again.  I am so proud.  We've also worked on the spelling words for his group and the 2 groups above his.  He did a great job.  We have been reading each night and he's recognizing bigger words and getting better each time.
Last week one of his teachers told him he reads like a robot. He wasn't happy that the teacher said that.  This week he has improved on inflection and tone moderation.  The words he recognizes quickly and easily get the privilege of having tone and pitch.  It is so cute to hear.
Any ways, I just wanted to share that we're making some progress and I am happy at the difference I am seeing so far this week.
Hope you're having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment