Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sore Muscles

I am always surprising myself.  One of the big things that always surprises me is how fast I forget things.  I forgot how much energy I have when I work out.  I can accomplish so much more than ordinarily is possible for me.  I can focus better for longer.  I can make due with less sleep and still be functional.  I am happier. 

How is it that I forget these important, life altering details?  I think it is the shortsightedness caused by sore muscles and heavy schedules.  Yesterday I started my day with a migraine then my muscles started aching from the workout the day before.  It would have been so easy to not go to the gym.  I had every reason in the world to not go.  But I went.

The class I was going to attend was cancelled (another great reason to not go) so I went upstairs and worked on the elliptical for 30 minutes.  I felt rejuvenated and energized.  I know I should do more than 30 minutes but I did almost 3 miles so I felt pretty good about it. 

When I got home I was the flippin energizer bunny!  I got so much done around the house and even though there is still more to do, I know I can do it and it will be wonderful.  Shhhh...Don't tell anyone...I even had fun doing what needed to be done. 

This makes me think of other things I don't do because it's inconvenient or doesn't fit into my schedule or is on my "want to list" instead of my "need to list".  These things include, 1) reading my Bible regularly and consistently, 2) having girlfriend time, 3) playing games with my kiddos, and 4) dating my beloved.  All of these things fill my spirit and make me feel alive but they get pushed aside as if they are unimportant.  These are some of the most important things because they are all relational and that is what I was made for, relationships, first of all with my Lord and Savior and secondly with the people that He brings into my life. 

Maybe this new appreciation for old lessons will lead to more consistency and growth in more areas of my life. 

I hope you are abundantly blessed today in all that you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment