Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Progress

Happy Wednesday March 9th. 

I thought today would be a great day to revisit my monthly goals and evaluate what's going well and what's a struggle for me.

Goal 1 was to exercise 20 times in the month.  The first week of the month I had a flare up that left me pretty much useless.  I laid around on the couch barely functional.  I hate when I get like that.  Exercise helps so I finally pushed past and got to the gym on Monday.  I can't tell you how much that helped me!  I went again yesterday but was wearing the wrong shoes and ended up with terrible shin cramps after only a couple minutes of running.  Those shoes hit the trash can as soon as I got home.  The way this is shaping up, I will need to go shoe shopping on Saturday.  Today I don't have time to hit the gym so I figure I will do squats and lunges while watching Billy play at the McD's playland.

Goal 2 was to read 3 books. I am about 2/3 of the way thru Mansfield Park which is good because book club is the 18th.  Since I broke my Kindle, I picked up Sisterchicks in Wooden Shoes by Robin Jones Gunn.  I had forgotten what a great writer she is.  She has such an amazing sense of humor.  Stay tuned for a book review in the next few days.  It is such a great read!  I don't want to say too much now.  I still haven't decided on book #3 but I'm sure I will know it when I see it.  I was thinking about reading Lisa Whelchell's book Taking Care of the Me in Mommy.  I picked it up a couple years ago and still haven't read it.  Oh and does finishing The Tale of Desperoux with Billy count?  That is one long book!

Goal 3 was to find a place to sell my crafts.  I have a couple really great ideas but as of right now I haven't done anything towards that end.  I am thinking of going on Etsy but want to make sure that I do it right so I don't get lost in the vast expanse that is Etsy.  I am also looking into the Fairview Crafters Market.  And my sweet Jake is applying for the Gresham's Farmers Market.  If he does that and sells my goods and I do the Fairview one and sell his, we should be able to sell some...I hope!!! We both spend too much money in supplies to not make money doing what we really and truly enjoy.

Well, that's where I am at.  How bout you?  How are you doing in reaching your goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment