Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Choices

Every day we get to choose how we will respond to the things in our lives.  We can choose to react positively or negatively.  We can either use the things that come into our lives to grow or to become bitter and hardened.  We can be either the victor or the victim. 

Today I choose to see the beauty in the day and in what I have been given.    I know I don't always react positively but today I choose to.  I know people are going to push my buttons. I know things are not going to go 100% my way.  I know people are going to try to cut me off in traffic.  How I choose to react to these things are what define me. 

Today I will be thankful for the things and people God has put into my life.  Things I have to be thankful for today...

My beloved husband asked me to lunch with him.

Billy was easy to get ready this morning, getting himself up and ready even.

I have a job I enjoy and am pretty good at if I do say so myself.

Benefits changed at work so I have the option of carrying dental only since we get medical thru Chris's work.

My replacement Kindle should arrive today!  Yippee!!!

Jake has a job interview today!  Good luck, Son.  I'm praying for you!

I have wonderful friends and coworkers.

I have a car that runs and gets me from place to place.  It's cute and sporty.

I have an incredible life when I take the time to look at all the positives.  It is so nice to focus on the good around me.  It is so easy to get sucked into the negative and only look at the bad stuff.  It is all around us.  Sometimes just finding the good and praiseworthy takes work but man is that the stuff that has the best rewards!  Have you ever had to work for something? I mean really work for it.  Whether it's good grades or the job you want or a relationship that you want to make work.  Those are the things that are treasured. 

Thanks God for the treasures you have put in my life and the people you have brought to my path so they can sharpen and strengthen me.  I pray that I can do the same for them with a smile and kind word and that you would be glorified!

What are you thankful for today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment