Friday, December 27, 2013

Believing in myself

Have you ever gotten to that point in you life where you know you are capable of so much more than you've done or hoped for?  That feeling that you've been holding yourself back from better things?

That's the feeling I've been feeling.  I always start with great aspirations only to fizzle out soon after starting.  I make huge goals then quickly forget them and go back to my same old routines.  I've allowed myself to get stuck in this pattern with my life.

It's time to change things up and start living my dreams instead of just setting them on a shelf for me to follow someday.  Over the next few days I am going to be writing my goals list for next year, not resolutions but actual goals that have a timeline and are measurable and that stretch me to be who I know I am and to do more than I currently think I am capable of.  Some of the goals have been dreams for a long time.  Some of them are relatively new.  All of them are going to require discipline and self control and focus.

I am nervous and excited and can't wait to see how things turn out.

Hope you'll join me for the journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment