Monday, September 19, 2011

An Acts filled life

As  I was rereading yesterday's message notes and scriptures, one thing stood out and made me stop in my tracks. 

Greatfulness and joy in healing.  Usually I sigh out "Thank God" in relief but how often do I rejoice in my healing? 

As the lame man in Acts 3, I have been afflicted since birth.  Some days are good some are not.  But that's not what today's blog is about.  Today's blog is my reactions.

As Peter reached out to the lame man and said "In the name of Jesus Christ, walk", the man stood then jumped.  Now I don't know about you but I am picturing the Toyota car commercial where the people were jumping high and clicking their heels.  There's a certain exuberance about it.  There's a whimsy and joy about it.  Being able to do what you've never been able to do before. 

When God heals me of my afflictions and junk, how often I react the exact opposite.  I may praise privately but I don't go and whoop it up.  Why don't I share my healings?  Wouldn't that encourage others in their walk?  How bout you?  How do you react to God's touch in your life?

This is my challenge for today.  How will I choose to react?  Will I keep it to myself or will I share openly and transparently so others can be encouraged that God cares about each one of His children and the power of Jesus is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow? 

I am choosing today to be transparent and a vessel of God's grace and mercy.

Have a richly blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment